Thursday, December 7, 2017

Japan: The Rising Moon



The past days were full of surprises. 


First was when the pilot flew without me in my connecting flight. Second was when the staff made a mistake in rebooking my flight. Third was when I boarded the wrong better train.
Fourth was when I was freezing when I got out from the second train after 19 stations from my origin, half of it standing in a crowded train, the other half sleeping, waking at every stop so that I do not miss my destination. 
Fifth, I walked 10,000 steps or more. With only banana, eggs and water in my tummy. So I hope I lost some weight already.

In lieu of all the hullaballoo, the Japanese were kind and helpful. They gave me freebies for the inconvenience without me asking for it. They talked nicely. The Japanese old people I asked on the road accompanied me to train stations, helped me read ticket machines and train station signages. They looked at their phone whatever apps to determine all my specific queries. And an old man tried to understand my english, and he was talking to me in his language. And we understood each other. And all that patience. All heartwarming. All good vibes around here. This caring and kindness of strangers to a lost traveler. Because you can never know it all. It humbles my being all the time. And it is a contagious spirit. This is what I miss when I stopped travelling in the past years. The kindness that fill my soul. That calms my heart. That is all what matters to me now. In this freezing temp. 



And that was the time when the big bright beautiful moon appeared behind buildings while the train was moving. It was not the rising sun. It was the rising of the moon that made my soul feel better when after that, the lady announced the station where I need to get off. And I knew that from that time, everything will flow spontaneously. I knew then, that the universe makes it right for me to be here. I have reached my destination. 

ありがとうございます Arigatou gozaimasu.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ang pagbabalik ni Journeying Pinay :)

Journeying Pinay said...

Yes. Thank you.